When our group started out, we had a little bit of a hard time determining our topic. At first, some of our group members wanted to do the clownfish. Almost all of us disagreed, so we had to find a new topic. Soon after that, we chose to do jellyfish. We started out by breaking into subtopics, and we got some good research, but this was a very vague topic.
Finally, we did some searching. In about five minutes,we realized we wanted to do the butterfly fish. We all pretty much agreed with this topic, and found this an interesting fish.
In the beginning of our butterfly fish research, we had a hard time getting good information from Nettrekker. When we met as a class in the library, we had some trouble finding basically any information! We tried several teacher-approved sites, and only found a couple of sites that only had a small paragraph of information. We took what we could from those small paragraphs.
Then, in early December, Kevin got some very good information from Google. He filled out an evaluation form, and it turned out to be a very nice website. Some great information was received from that site.
After that, in late January and early February, we all did a little independent research, and some of us got some solid information. Every little bit helps!
Later on in February, we met as a group and discussed our storyboard and website design. We discussed possible games, video, and graphics. Things were looking very nice!
Finally, we typed up our notes and were ready to make our webpages. We had some tough decisions to make, and overcame several things, but eventually, we pulled together and made things work, thanks to all of our effort in our website!