YouTube, though being a large and relatively inclusive website, has rules as to what
can and cannot be put up on the site. These are some types of video prohibited according to the help menu on the site:
These rules as well as others should be followed. Some kids put
videos up that are passed by the rules of the site, but on the
other hand can be against the law. To allow all viewers to
be able to enjoy their time on YouTube users should follow all of the applicable local, state, and federal laws. These laws include, but are not limited.
General Use of the Website-Permissions and Restrictions
YouTube hereby grants you permission to access and use the Website as set forth in these Terms of Service, provided that:
1. You agree not to distribute in any medium any part of the Website, including but not limited to User Submissions (defined below), without YouTube's prior written authorization.
2. You agree not to alter or modify any part of the Website, including but not limited to YouTube's Embeddable Player or any of its related technologies.
3. You agree not to access User Submissions (defined below) or YouTube Content through any technology or means other than the video playback pages of the Website itself, the YouTube Embeddable Player, or other explicitly authorized means YouTube may designate.
4. You agree not to use the Website, including the YouTube Embeddable Player for any commercial use, without the prior written authorization of YouTube. Prohibited commercial uses include any of the following actions taken without YouTube's express approval:
* sale of access to the Website or its related services (such as the Embeddable Player) on another website;
* use of the Website or its related services (such as the Embeddable Player), for the primary purpose of gaining advertising or subscription revenue;
* the sale of advertising, on the YouTube website or any third-party website, targeted to the content of specific User Submissions or YouTube content;
* and any use of the Website or its related services (such as the Embeddable player) that YouTube finds, in its sole discretion, to use YouTube's resources or User Submissions with the effect of competing with or displacing the market for YouTube, YouTube content, or its User Submissions. (For more information about prohibited commercial uses, see our FAQ.)
5. Prohibited commercial uses do not include:
* uploading an original video to YouTube, or maintaining an original channel on YouTube, to promote your business or artistic enterprise;
* using the Embeddable Player to show YouTube videos on an ad-enabled blog or website, provided the primary purpose of using the Embeddable Player is not to gain advertising revenue or compete with YouTube;
* any use that YouTube expressly authorizes in writing.
(For more information about what constitutes a prohibited commercial use, see our FAQ.)
6. If you use the YouTube Embeddable Player on your website, you must include a prominent link back to the YouTube website on the pages containing the Embeddable Player and you may not modify, build upon, or block any portion of the Embeddable Player in any way.
7. If you use the YouTube Uploader, you agree that it may automatically download and install updates from time to time from YouTube. These updates are designed to improve, enhance and further develop the Uploader and may take the form of bug fixes, enhanced functions, new software modules and completely new versions. You agree to receive such updates (and permit YouTube to deliver these to you) as part of your use of the Uploader.
8. You agree not to use or launch any automated system, including without limitation, "robots," "spiders," or "offline readers," that accesses the Website in a manner that sends more request messages to the YouTube servers in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a conventional on-line web browser. Notwithstanding the foregoing, YouTube grants the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the site for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials. YouTube reserves the right to revoke these exceptions either generally or in specific cases. You agree not to collect or harvest any personally identifiable information, including account names, from the Website, nor to use the communication systems provided by the Website (e.g. comments, email) for any commercial solicitation purposes. You agree not to solicit, for commercial purposes, any users of the Website with respect to their User Submissions.
9. In your use of the website, you will otherwise comply with the terms and conditions of these Terms of Service, YouTube Community Guidelines, and all applicable local, national, and international laws and regulations.
10. YouTube reserves the right to discontinue any aspect of the YouTube Website at any time.