- 70% of the earth s surface is covered with water .
- 97% of that of 70% is water in the salt water oceans i.e. 68.87% of earth's water is saline.
- 2.4% of that of 70% is water contained in glaciers, polar icecaps and underground i.e. 1.70% of the earth's water is in its frozen form.
- A mere 0.6% of 70% i.e. 0.42% of the earth's water is in surface water bodies such as lakes and rivers.
- The earth is a closed system, similar to a terrarium, meaning that it rearly loses or gains any extra matter. The same water that existed on earth millions of years ago is still present today.
- Upto 77% of the human body comprises of water.
- A dripping tap can waste as much as 60 liters of water per day.
- A leaking toilet can waste upto 100000 liters of water per day.
- A toilet is the biggest user of indoor water. On average it uses 11 liters of water when flushed.
- Drinking too much of water quickly can lead to water intoxication. Water intoxication occurs when water dilutes the sodium level in the bloodstream and causes an imbalance of water inthe brain.
- Pure water (solely hydrogen and oxygen atoms) has a neutral pH of 7, which is neither acidic nor basic.
- Water dissolves more substances than any other liquid. Wherever it travels water carries chemicals, minerals and nutrients with it.
- The weight a person loses directly after intense physical activity is the weight of water, not fat.
|facts refered from www.wikipedia.org