- It's called municycling.
- MUni for short.
- The art of riding off-road on uneven terrain such as grass, dirt, rock, ice, snow, etc., on a unicycle, is considered MUni.
- MUni combines the finesse and precision required to stay on one wheel with the sheer power and endurance required to ride over rough terrain.
- Unicycling is direct drive so it’s impossible to cruise.
- MUni is very safe because it’s direct drive so you can’t coast. You can only go as fast as you can pedal.
- You can coast on mountain bikes.
- It's a very good workout.
- It's very portable and has the ability to fit in almost any car.
- You can get many skinned up knees if you don’t wear proper knee protection.
- You must always ride at your own risk, no one is responsible for you.
- Even though it's very rare, injuries do happen from time to time.
- You can MUni year all round.
- It's best in the summer but also good in the winter.
- MUni requires high energy input at low speeds so you can stay very warm in the winter.
- If you ride in the woods, trees often block wind, so it’s a good place to ride.
- You can MUni just about anywhere, if you can bike it you can MUni it.