How to Make a Stop Motion Animation
Making a stop motion movie can take a large
amount of time because of all the steps a person has to take. Over the
years, people have worked to make books, websites, classes, even videos
on the Internet so anyone can learn how to make a claymation.
Steps To Making A Stop Motion Movie Using a Computer for Editing
- Step One- Create story ideas. Ideas include coming up with a storyboard, scenes, color schemes, background, and characters.
- Step Two- Gather materials and tools. These include: a digital camera, a tripod, clay, a drill, drill bits, a small vice, wire snips, pliers, a hacksaw, and a ruler.
- Step Three- Create models of characters, backgrounds, Also, it means creating any molds for props and set camera on the tripod, postioning it where the photo shoot will be.
- Step Four- Set up backround and set characters where the first shot will be.
- Step Five- Take the picture. Carefully move the character a tiny amount, making sure not to hit the camera or move the character too much.
- Step Six- Repeat Step Five at least 100 times. That would make about a 30 second movie. Depending on how long the movie is, it may need more or less pictures.
- Step Seven- Upload all of the pictures on a computer that has a Movie Maker program. Put each picture file on the timeline and shrink each one to about 0.25 seconds. Record voices and sounds to put on the movie.
- Step Eight- Play movie. Adjust time if need be. Always remember to save the file.