|SO basically the
heart is responsible for pumping blood through the entire body.... A.K.A-
You need a healthy heart to live.
- Blood takes about 20 seconds to circulate throughout the
- The heart beats about 100,000 times a day.
- The heart pumps approximately 2000 gallons of blood through
the body a day.
- A woman's heart weighs 8 ounces, and a man's heart weighs
about 10 ounces.
- Our research shows that the average time someone spends on
the waiting list is around
266 days which is approximately 9 months.
- The average price for a heart transplant is between $110,000 and
- Approximately 2,300 heart transplants are now performed
- There are over 150 heart transplant centers in the United
- Because of the shortage of donated hearts, many people die
while waiting for a transplant, this then leads people to resort to the black
market to obtain a much needed organ.
***** Check out
the Heart Picture
Page to see pictures
of healthy hearts and
heart suffering from
diseases that could need