In many ways, honey bees are vital for our agriculture and our economy, but they have an importance in medicine as well. Honey is one of the oldest medicines. According to the University of Waikato, New Zealand, honey was used as medicine about 4,000 years ago and has continued to be used in medicine ever since.
For example, the Apitherapy raw honey that comes from the Apiaries-plant which is dependent on pollination from the honey bees is essential for some medical purposes. According to www.honeygarden.com, there are many types of Apitherapy raw honey that have a major role in which they help people:
- Apitherapy Raw Honey- helps with digestion, nutrition and the immune and respiratory system, seasonal allergy relief, high in vitamins, minerals and enzymes.
- Apitherapy Honey Elderberry Syrup-helps with colds and flu, rich vitamin C, enhances the immune system.
- Apitherapy Wild Cherry Bark Syrup-helps with upper respiratory, cough, sinus congestion and colds.
- Apitherapy Blueberry Rejuvenation Tonic-Helps in high in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, combats the effect of stress on the body, improves energy and assists in overall health maintenance.
- Apitherapy Propolis Spay-helps with internally on sore throats, inflamed gums and mouth sores; externally on cuts, burns and stings.
- Apitherapy Honey House Propolis Salve- helps with dry skin, chapped lips, cuts, bug bites and stings.
Apitherpy is considered the last-restore treatment but it can be helpful to patients who cannot be treated by regular therapies and medicine. Many patients who taken these treatments have reported affixed stability also with less fatigue and muscle spasm, after trying out this therapy.
According to http://www.answers.com/topic/apitherapy?cat=health, patients that have Rheumatoid Arthritis (a condition of the muscles, tendons, joints, bones or nerves, characterized by discomfort and disability) and patients with Osteoarthritis (a disorder of the joints caused by gradual loss of cartilage; resulting in development of bony spurs), said that the pain and swelling has been decreasing by using apitherpy.