- Are you working to make your school greener?
We are trying to.
- What are you doing / have you done?
Cardboard and paper are recycled by the contractor who collects and sorts the rubbish.
We are building a garden and pond area for the children to learn about the environment
We are also renting an alotment to teach children about growing their own food and being sustainable.
- Do students support you in this mission?
Not really - they aren't encouraged to do so.
They are helping with the gardening though.
- Is it something your school takes very seriously?
We would like to, there is a very keen teacher, but it's finding the time and resources.
- Do you think you would benefit from external assistance in making your school greener?
If so, in what?
More knowledge about the little things you can do to help the planet.
- Are green issues covered in timetabled lessons or extra-curricular sessions (tutorials)?
PHSE lessons do cover the topic briefly.
- Important Messages for the Site
The children should be encouraged, as they are the future.
Lesson plans on the site to help teachers put the green message across.
Targets for recycling and cutting down on power use.