Perceptions of Mental Health - Links
The internet is full of information about mental health, the following are sites and organizations that work to raise awareness about the realities of mental illness. They work for a better tomorrow.
- The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH)
The largest scientific organization in the world dedicated to research focused on the understanding, treatment, and prevention of mental disorders and the promotion of mental health.
A voluntary organization formed in 1985 by a group of interested patients, relatives and mental health professionals, whose aims are to assist that section of the population who are directly affected by depression..
- Talking to Kids About Mental Illnesses
Provides advice on discussing the topic with children.
- The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)
The nation's largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to improving the lives of persons living with serious mental illness and their families.
- US Department of Health and Human Services' Mental Illenss Awareness Week PAge
- Mental Illness Awareness Coalition
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance