The survey clearly indicated that Mathematics education is important! The survey suggests that the "I hate mathematics" syndrome is an acquired syndrome. Here are some suggestions for teachers and parents on how to cultivate a love for mathematics through:
- Readings on how mathematics can be useful: visit our articles section!
- Watch slideshows and movies on the applications of mathematics:: watch our Math Mov!es episodes!
- Educational mathematics games for students: visit our Games section!
- Solve problems together with your students and children: visit our Mathemagic! section.
Acknowledgements and notes
Important note: the survey result should only be interpreted as representing the group of students studied, not all the students of the particular countries surveyed, nor all the high school students in the world. This survey serves as an opinion poll rather than a scientific study.
We would like to extend our warmest thank to:
- Ms. Amel Kefi for her constant help
- Mr. Peter Hughes
- Mr. Vladimir at the UN in Vienna
- Mr. Elaine Anderson
- Mrs. Ichrak Abdel Majid
- Mr. André Deschamps
- Mr. Alexandr Jershov
- Mr. Jurg Kramer
- Collège-Lycée Cévenol International
- Vienna International School
- Echabab Preparatory School, Douar Hicher, Manouba, Tunisia
- Lvov School, #52, Ukraine