By courtesy of Image Google
1. An estimated 800 live in the wild and 100 live in captivity.
2. Much of Chinas bamboo forests in the 1980’s died, and over 150 pandas starved to death.
3. Even though they are protected in reserves, pandas are often killed in illegal traps, meant to kill antelopes and deer.
4. Since 1963, the government has proclaimed thirteen protective preserves where bamboo flourishes in six isolated mountain ranges in the Sichuan, Shaanxi, and Gansuin provinces of western China.
5. China is enforcing strict laws against the poaching or Pandas. Offenders can receive life sentence for selling Panda fur.