We Use the Internet For...
We conducted email and video interviews with our friends, family and teachers about how they use the internet and what they think of it. Here are some of the top comments to our questions. You can also download the full surveys below and watch videos.
Please note the videos are in Quicktime format, if you have problems viewing them you may need to download the Quicktime player.
- Interview with College Student Video (Student)
- Interview with Miss Burgess Video (ICT Teacher)
- Interview with Miss Fairclough Video (Maths Teacher)
- Interview with Miss Putt Video (English Teacher)
- Interview with Year 11 Student Video (Student)
- Interview with Mr Halewood Video (Geography Teacher)
- Interview with Mr Smee Video (Computer Engineer)
- Interview with Mr Wilkinson Video (Science Teacher)
- Interview with Mrs Aylward Video (Modern Foreign Languages Teacher)
Download or View Surveys
- Interview with Mr Moreton
- Interview with Mrs Pradan
- Interview with Librarian in India
- Interview with Mr Laycock (Computer & Network Specialist)
- Interview with Mr Cooper (Graphic & Web Designer)
- Interview with Mrs Rachel
- Interview with Mr Wilkinson
- Interview with Mrs Aylward
When the Internet first came out what did you think of it?
- Good but very slow as used dial up
- It makes the world smaller
What does the Internet mean to you?
- "Invaluable tool that I can’t seem to live without daily"
- Unlimited opportunities
- The best mode of communication which links the entire globe
Can you summarise the Internet in your own words?
- Something for everyone – regardless of age (even my 4 year old daughter accesses childrens bbc websites!!!)
- A virtual room for accessing information in many forms
- The internet puts a world of information at your fingertips
- wide media of communication, modern trading, an information provider
- Total liberation from 9-5 office work tough an autonomous, non centralised communications and media facility.
How would you describe the Internet in 3 words?
- Informative, invaluable and exciting!
- Information information information
- Huge, Accessible, dangerous
- The sight of the world at the press of a button
How does the Internet help you in your job?
- At school – create FAB powerpoints, use MFL websites for teaching & learning, podcast to Argentina school, podcast for Y9 choices
- Provides me with real life examples of science that is happening now. Allows me to access a whole hoard of resources.
- too many ways to mention
- It is the best reference come guide
- I rely on it 100% because I work remotely online
What do you think the future of the Internet is?
- To make the world a smaller, more accessible place – I think TVs will be replaced by people watching programmes merely from the net as and when they please
- Who knows – it was not long ago that no one had even thought of the internet in the first place.
- Faster, safer
- It is going to rule the world