Email is a great communication tool. It is one of the easiest and quickest communication tools ever and it doesn’t even cost a penny! Email enables you to send messages across the world within seconds, from one computer user to another. You can see from our diagram above email has been an essential form of communication for our team to work together to create this website.
When email first came out you could only send simple text, but now messages can consist of a lot more complicated forms for example:
- audio files
- and more recently videos
You can send this to any computer user, even if the other computer is not switched on, when sending the message. This message will then be stored in their inbox until they check it. Each user normally has their own individual mailbox. Now a days’ most companies can be contacted through email, as can most individuals.
Basic Email Safety Tips
- Change your password often and keep it in a safe place
- Don’t share the password with anyone.
- Don’t open any attachments from anyone unless they are run *through an anti-virus program.
- Log off when done.
- Don’t reply to spam, harassing, or offensive e-mail or forward *chain e-mail letters.
- Use common sense and keep personal information personal.
- Delete all e-mails, unread, from people you don’t know
- Don’t be caught by the spammers’ favorite trick, “Remember me?”