Conservation of animals can simply be defined as the process of saving animals from extinction. Some such animals are:
Primates, Tigers, Big Cats, Bay Cats, Island Wolves, Iberian lynx, Polar Bears, Serengeti, Sharks, Muskox, Giant River Turtles, Dugong, Rhinos, Moose, Kangaroos, Frogs, Albatross, Hyacinth Macaws, Dodos e.t.c.
What can we do to help?
- Conserve Water: Water is necessary to the survival of both people and ecosystems. Cut down on water waste.
- Use Less Energy: Important to global warming is the amount of greenhouse gases we produce, mainly from the burning of fossil fuels. Reducing energy use reduces emissions.
- Restrictions on trade in the products.
- Laws against trade in the products.
- Alleviation of poverty and generation of alternative employment.
- Severe penalties for poaching.
- Countries need to co-operation to monitor and manage wildlife resources
- Use email to share information with other concerned people, wherever they may be.
- We have to educate ourselves. We all have to stop buying things if we suspect that maybe it’s not the right thing to do.
- Offer financial or personal support to organizations that look after animals and fight extinction e.g. WWF