- Our bone is six times stronger than steel if both are of the same weight.
- The size of the smallest bone is equivalent to the size of a rice grain.
- Of the 206 bones in the skeletal system, 52 of them make both our feet.
- Our lungs can hold up to six litres of air.
- There are twenty muscles in each hand.
- 200 muscles are used in each step you take.
- Our body needs about 51-52 litres (11 gallons) of blood.
- Nerves can carry signals at an amazing speed of 100 meters a second...and that's not their fastest!
- You can wire a battery to the nerves of a finger and make it twitch.
- Our saliva glands produce 2 litres of saliva everyday - and we end up gulping most of them down. Yes, that's an average of 50,000 litres (5,500 gallons) spit for a lifetime!
- A man called Michel Lotito of France had the most disgusting diet on earth. He ate 18 bicycles, 15 supermarket trolleys, 7 television sets, 1 pair of coffin handles, 6 chandeliers, 2 beds, 1 pair of skis, 1 computer and a small aircraft in his whole life. The most interesting thing was he never got indigestion!
- We have 2 kidneys, but the left one is always higher than the right one.
- Hair and nails are said to continue growing on dead bodies for a while.
- Our brain is more than 80 percent water.
- We have about 15,000,000,000 million cells in our brain although we lose some every year (and they aren't getting replaced). That's three times more than a gorilla and seven times more than a stick insect.
- Teeth aren't bones.