|Dengue Fever         The Disease         Symptoms        Treatment           Preventive Steps       Conclusion       Q&A|
Q&A session with Dr Asmahan Mohamed Ismail
The following 10 questions were put forward to the doctor. However, to maintain the quality of the video yet limiting the size, only two segments are linked in this website. Information obtained from the questions and answers session are integrated into other sections of the website.
1. What is dengue fever?
2. What causes dengue?
3. Is it contagious?
4. Who are at high risk of contracting dengue fever?
5. What are the symptoms of dengue fever?
6. Once dengue patients are admitted, is there a specific anti viral to treat dengue and how is dengue treated?
7 . Is there an immunization for Dengue Fever?
8. Can dengue fever be prevented?
9. What is the outcome of the patients?
10 . What is the mortality rate?
We wish to convey our sincere thanks to Dr Asmahan Mohamed Ismail for her kind cooperation. Dr Asmahan is a Medical Specialist and Rheumatologist at Selayang Hospital, Malaysia.