To our beloved
This is not a standard guidance for an autism treatment. This is just a summary from a lot of data and observatory, to optimize the therapy of autism. Once again, autism can't be cured for it's not a disease, but we can reduce it's negative symptoms and raise it's positive ability.
One minus thing of an autism patient is communication. Their condition made them incapable in receiving the impuls from the outside with right interpretation, as well as the reverse. This is the greatest challenge for the patient's relatives, especially the closest ones like parents and therapist, which their help is needed to open the mistery of autism's world.
In reality, it's impossible for everyone to throw their responsibility to therapist about the developmental of autism patient's positive ability. Because the autism patient can't have a full time treatment with the therapist, not 24 hours, not 7 days, it's only 2-3 times a week. The remaining time is responsibility of the parents and family. And, if we really care about them, it's not possible for us to help them in any way possible, direct or indirect.
One thing for sure, we have to know deeply about autism before interact with them, so we can talk to them openly, and have an insight with them.
Indirect help is the easiest way to help autism patient's..
Have an openly mind, to look and understand more about autism is one of the example. This simple thing can help us understand one thing, every people is equal, with their capability and incapability. After we understand that, we will accept them inside our heart without us realizing it.
Even if we aren't the therapist and didn't understand about psychology, it's not an obstacle to help autism patient's. Let's say this are some tips or knowledges which can be used to help them living an optimal way in their environment.
They can't differentiate right from wrong. They can't identify anything related to their impuls. Any special teat and an overly attention are not what they need, but one thing for sure, our love help them in any positive way. Love them like you love others.
This is somethings we can do to our's dearest one in direct ways :
1. Accept and teat them normally
Accept and treat autism patient's like our own is one of the example. In this way, even as an outside, we can make a pleasant environment for them. They're easily felt tantrum when cornered and the environment are not safe. This will also be affected by their's family environment. With the pleasant environment, they will feel calmer and openly (open minded) to everthing around their's environment. If we related it with problems in other places( who haven't know for sure about autism), we can avoid things like being rejected by their family because of their child's condition being autism.
2. Simple Therapy
This therapy trains obedience, motoric and adaptive ability in new environment, where there are no special treat which can lead into negative results.
Here are the tips :
1. Make them sit with us face to face, with table between us.
2. Give him/ her order to place both of their hand orderly on table.
3. Glare his/her eyes and give his/her order to glare our eyes, alleast for 5 seconds. Repeat it until he/she can surpass the time limit. The longer the better.
4. Give them an "imitate" game. Give him/ her instruction to imitate our behavior, withou leaving his/her chair. The simple example is holding some things. Repeat a couple times.
5. Instructions game. This time, a real instructions where we give him/her some keywords, to make him/her understand the meaning and then perform that in movement. For example, the keywords is " hold the eyes", so we expect he/she hold her/his eyes.
6. Matching game. This game involving toy blocks which needed to be match with the right hole.This will help to train the motoric neural and impuls, to show the relations between two things are possible, in hope he/she will realize the relationship between him/herself with the environment.
7. Choose. Autism patient can be given choice of games he/she wants to play, for example music, drawing, or the colour of the clothes he/she wants to wear. This will educate and give him/her freedom, to know what sector he/she good at, and to prevent him/her from boredom, giving him/her some space without pressure.
In each mistake they made, we should punish them without threatening tone. A threatening tone could make them feel unease and tantrum. But, punishment can be done by a safe physic contact, like touching as a warning , but after that followed by kissing or caressing as proof of our affection.
If he/she do the right thing, we too should give him/her reward like kissing, caressing, or giving him a thumb up, saying "very good" and smiling. Applause can be mean as sign of them doing the right thing , or sign of end of the session.
Don't forget, sincerity is the key, by taking care of ourselves is the same like helping him/her development.