1. Dr. Warren Farrell was asked to leave the board of the National Organisation for Women (NOW) because
he was too engaged in the feminist movement that he failed the mission of NOW to have gender equality
he drastically altered his view, that it clashed with those of NOW
NOW accepts female board members
he embezzled funds from the board
2. Females from which country bound their feet until they were only 3-inch long?
3. The male Mars and female Venus symbols were named after
John Gray's book - Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus
the planets, Mars and Venus
Greek gods and goddesses
Roman gods and goddesses
4. In ancient Sparta, women ________________ if their husbands were away at war for too long a period of time.
could take another husband
had to be buried alive
would be considered the head of the family
would have to marry their husband's brother
5. The second wave of feminism occurred
from 1800 to 1919 AD
in the early 20th century
from 1997 to 1999 AD
from 600 to 500 BC
6. Which country has the most balanced male to female ratio of 51% to 49%?
7. Gender is attained through social conditioning.
8. How many per cent of Pakistani women are subjected to domestic violence?
9. Estimates states that there could be up to ___________ rape cases that the reported statistics of half a million per year.
10 times less
2 times less
2 times more
10 times more
10. Militant groups in Iraq threaten to kill women who leave their homes without their ________.
11. Women in ________ are not allowed to be legitimate witnesses in court.
12. Which of the following are women allowed to do in Saudi Arabia?
Be a witness in court
Enter hotels without a male guardian
Vote during the nation's elections
13. Sati, a long eradicated practice in India is the ______________________________________.
vountary or forced killing of a widow once her husband has passed away
burning of a bride because the men's family considers the dowry to be insufficient
the marrying of a widow to the deceased husband's brother
celebration of the fire festival
14. Which of the following was not one of Eleanor Roosevelt's achievements?
Taught history and literature in a school in New York City
Drafted the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights
Wrote a book titled The Second Sex
served as chairperson of the President's Commission of Human Rights
15. Which of the following societies had a walking-marriage custom?