2. What percent of the world's solar heatings is used by China?
3. Why is wind power "technically a form of solar power?"
Windfarms are fueled by solar energy
Wind farms are solar powered
Winds are caused by solar radiation
Wind turbines are made from solar panels
4. The Three Gorges Dam and Xiaolangdi dams are on what river?
East China Sea
Zheng He River
5. What is coal?
soil and rocks
compressed dead animals
compressed dead plants
6. The second biggest dam on the Yellow River is...
130 kilometers across
Choices 2 & 3
7. How many solar chips does it take to power a computer?
8. How many households could a typical wind turbine power?
9. Why is coal bad for the environment?
It pollutes the air and water
It contributes to global warming
It is unhealthy to breathe
All of the above
10. Who is George A. Olah?
A Nobel Prize in Chemistry winner
The person who invented solar panels
The person who discovered hydroelectricty
A major wind farm owner