A natural light crossing the window of your soul...
We often waste
The star lights,
To look for unimportant things.
We donít keep the sunís worm,
To embrace every single word.
We cool our hands, our lips,
In the drops of sadness,
When above, under the clouds stands
The burning happiness.
We are loosing in meanings,
In simple sights
And we are used to complicate things.
We often donít understand
That we must value
The green nature,
Its fresh perfume
The brilliance of tears on the cheek.
Why shall we waste when we can chance
A tear in happiness?
We must stop saddening the Earth
We must stop tangle with long enmity
We must stop pollution!
Help us and THINK GREEN.
Fireworks are a danger to the air.Those used to celebrate the new year are a massive source of pollution.
Light Pollution impacts us all... in many ways. Some of these are quite obvious, others are much less obvious. For starters....
1. Light Pollution Wastes billions of dollars annually in the United States. 5 to 10 billion depending on whose numbers you want to use.
2. Light Pollution Wastes incredible amounts of valuable natural resources. Hundreds of millions of barrels of oil... and hundreds of millions of tons of coal... just so people can light the bottoms of clouds?
3. Light Pollution Pollutes the air we breath through needless generation of electricity (most of which comes from fossil fuels). See the previous comment about burning oil & coal. Air pollution is a serious problem that affects large segments of the population.
4. Light Pollution Harms nocturnal wildlife. Many species won't even go near an area that has bad lighting. Also, many species will simply stop reproducing if habitat destruction from overly bright lights becomes too severe. Light Pollution currently threatens all Florida Sea Turtles.
5. Light Pollution Harms humankind, being linked to some serious ailments. This is serious! This can be thought of as second hand smoke in the 1970's. Researchers were just starting to look into the effects of second hand smoke back then. Many people laughed at the idea that one person could smoke.. and another person could be harmed. Today, we know that this is in fact the case.
6. Light Pollution Destroys the views of the heavens that man has enjoyed since the beginning of time. We live under skies that are "affected" by light pollution... we can not see the Milky Way from their homes. Mankind has throughout history looked to the stars to try to understand events around them.