- Sources for content and photos/cliparts used on our website have been included on the respective pages. This page has been created as a summary page.
Most photos used on our website were taken or created by our team, retrieved from the public domain, or low resolution royalty free photographs/clipart, free for educational use, retrieved from clipart.com or Microsoft gallery. When information about the photographer was available for public domain and royalty free photographs they have been promptly included; otherwise, we have just noted the source from where it was retrieved. A few images used on the website are protected by copyright. The copyright for the images are held by Animal Protection Institute
. These copyright images have been used with appropriate permission as shown below:
Animal Protection Institute (E-mail permission obtained on September 23, 2007)
- Bennett, Carla (Fall 2006). The Joy and Sorrow of Pigs.
- Davidowitz, David. THE BEST and Worst of Thoroughbred Racing.
- DeGrazia, David. Animal rights: A very short introduction.
- Ennor, George and Mooney, Bill. Complete Encyclopedia of Horse Racing: The Illustrated Guide to the World of the Thoroughbred.
- Jacobs, Lou. Wonders of an Oceanarium: The story of marine life in captivity. Golden Gate Junior Books, 1965.
- Oldfield, Jenny. Animal Alert: Abandoned.
- Oppenheim, Joanne F. Oceanarium. Bantam Books, 1994
- Regan, Tom. The case for animal rights.
- Robbins, John. Diet for a New America.
- Singer, Peter. Animal Liberation.
- Singer, Peter. In Defense of Animals: The Second Wave.
- Dissection Alternatives. Retrieved July 23, 2007, Web site: http://www.dissectionalternatives.org
- Alternatives to animal dissection in school science classes. Retrieved July 23, 2007, Web site: http://www.ericdigests.org/1998-1/animal.htm
- Moss, Cynthia (2000). Elephant Memories: Thirteen Years in the Life of an Elephant Family. IL: University Of Chicago Press
- Net Frog. Retrieved December 23, 2007, Web site: http://frog.edschool.virginia.edu
- Jan Creamer and Tim Phillips, " The Ugliest Show on Earth, " Animal Defenders, Ltd., last accessed 22 Jun, 2007
- "Statement on Animals in Entertainment and Competition - Rodeo" Humane Society of the United States. Web site accessed November 28, 2007 at http://www.hsus.org/about_us/statements/animals_in_entertainment.html#Rodeos
- "Animals in Entertainment: 5.4 Rodeo" web site accessed November 28, 2007 at http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer?pagename=pp_en_rodeo
- Is Rodeo Bronc Riding Cruel?" Web article accessed November 28, 2007 at http://www.cowboyway.com/BroncRiding.htm
- Donkey basketball: Cruelty on the court
- Alliance of Marine Mammal Parks and Aquariums
- Recommended EAAM dolphin housing standards
- Shamu.com - Shamu's official site
- Barren cages, empty lives, World Society for the Protection of Animals
- Animal Protection Institute
- Wayne Pacelle, “Mercy, Mercy: Chickens Deserve Same Humane End as Pigs and Cattle,” Humane Society of the United States, 2005
- Animal Place, “Cattle: Not So Free on the Range,” Animal Place Online, 2005
- The Humane Society of the United States, “A First Look at Farm Animals: Turkeys,” 2004
- H. Steinfeld, P. Gerber, T. Wassenaar, V. Castel, M. Rosales, and C. de Haan, “Livestock's Long Shadow: Environmental Issues and Options,” Livestock, Environment and Development (2006)
- Fur is dead
- Whose skin are you in?
- Christianne Schelling, D.V.M., Declawing.com, last accessed 4 Dec. 2007.
- American Kennel Club, Registration Statistics, 2006
- In vitro alternative to Draize test
- Fishing Hurts, last accessed on 20 Jan. 2008
- The Alex Foundation, last accessed on 20 Jan. 2008
- Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey, " Town Without a ZIP Code, " Feld Entertainment, Inc., 2004
- "Circuses Face New Ban," The Journal (U.K.), 27 Nov. 2000
- Booth, W. Frogs, Toads Vanishing Across Much of World. (1989, December 13). Washington Post
- Warrick, Joby They Die Piece by Piece. (2001, April 10). In Overtaxed Plants, Humane Treatment of Cattle Is Often a Battle Lost. The Washington Post
- "Elephants Escape Circus," Associated Press, 13 July. 2007
- Howie Paul Hartnett, "2 of 3 Polar Bears Make It to N.C.," Charlotte Observer, 20 Nov. 2002
- P. Douglas Filaroski, "Animal Rights Activists Protest Circus, Recall Elephants' Death," Florida Times-Union, 20 Jan. 2002
- Randi Hutter Epstein, "Circus Life Drives Animals Insane, Two British Rights Groups Contend," Associated Press, 24 Aug. 1993
- Louis Sahagun, "Elephants Pose Giant Dangers," Los Angeles Times, 11 Oct. 1994
- Southwell, David (2000 - 04-12). Ex-racing dogs' fate probed. Chicago Sun-Times. Archived from the original on 2007 - 12-05
- Bob Shaw, "PETCO Tests Rabbit Adoption; Cooperation With Local Rights Group Could Be Pet Model Nationally," Saint Paul Pioneer Press 4 Jul. 2004
- Chuck Haga, "Every Dog Has Its Day," Minneapolis Star Tribune 7 Sep. 1999
- "Action to Wipe Out Pit Bull Dogs," Evening Standard 10 Jan. 2000
- Claudia Dreifus, "A Passion for Parrots and the Fight to Save Them in the Wild, The New York Times 5 Sep. 2006
- Jodi Wilgoren, "Monkeypox Casts Light on Rule Gap for Exotic Pets," The New York Times 10 Jun. 2003
- Kevin G. Hall, "Trafficking of Animals Becoming Big Business," The Virginian-Pilot 16 Aug. 2001: A1
- Sandy Mazza, "Puppy Pipeline Plugged," Pasadena Star-News 16 Mar. 2006
- Steven Sprinkel Yankton, “When the Corn Hits the Farm,” Acres USA 18 Sep. 2005
- Nature: Echo of the Elephants by Cynthia Moss (DVD - Aug 30, 2005)
- Inside Out - West: Monday 24th February, 2003. BBC Inside Out. BBC (2003 - 02-24). Archived from the original on 2007 - 12-05
- Rodeo Thrills & Spills by Rodeo Spills & Thrills (DVD - Jul 11, 2006)
- Professional Bull Riders: 8 Second Heroes - Legendary Bulls by Pro Bull Riders-8 Seconds-Legendary Bulls (DVD - Feb 7, 2006)
- Keiko (orca), the star of the 1993 movie Free Willy
- "Puppy Pipeline. Many Shipped to America Are Abused," WCBS TV, 17 Feb. 2006
- I Am an Animal: The Story of Ingrid Newkirk and PETA DVD by Ingrid Newkirk.
- Interview with Greater Derry Humane Society, East Derry, NH, USA
- Interview with Sue G, exotic pet owner, New Hampshire
- Interview with Pramarn Srimorh, Orchid Hotel and Spa, Kalim Bay, Phuket, Thailand
- Interview with Nurse Brenda, Steere House Rehabilitation Center, Rhode Island
- Interview with Kairu Abeni, Mombasa, Kenya
- Interview with Tao Jiang, China
- Interview with Eddy, Walsall, UK
- Credits to individuals, companies, schools, organizations, and others have been included in our credits menu.