There are a couple different ways to treat cancer:
1) When cancer is found at an early stage, surgery is usually used
to kill or remove the cancer cells.
2) Radiation can be used with drugs and surgery. The whole point of
radiation is to kill the cancer cells with energized beams.
3) Chemotherapy: a handful of drugs used to hurt the dividing
cancer cells so they can't reproduce.
4) Antibodies: antibodies are proteins made by a specific kind of
white blood cell and latch onto the alien cells and either not letting
them receive signals or just killing them off.
5) Vaccines- vaccines use proteins like the ones made by the
cancer cells to stimulate the body against them
6) Biological response monitors- like vaccines, it uses proteins to
get the body to fight the alien cells.
7) Complementary and alternitive medicines- an inconclusive
method of herbal, animal deriving, and mind-body methods of curing
8) Specific inhibiters area new method of treating cancer. It
focuses on targetting the proteins made by the cancer cells and
9) Hormonal Treatment- deprives the cancer cell of signals needed
to divide and multiply so you can montiter that it doesn't grow.
Cancer is a type of disease that has a group of cells
display the traits of excessive growing, invasion
(which is cells invading and destroying tissue), and
sometimes metastasis (spreading to other parts of
the body by blood or lymph). These three properties
of cancer differ from benign tumors, which are
self-limited, do not invade or metastasize. Most
cancers form a tumor, but some, like leukemia which
is cancer of the blood, do not.