Sobrassada in sandwiches is a typical snack here in Mallorca and most students bring this kind of sandwich to school.
Sobrassada on Quelitas (a typical dry biscuit from Mallorca made
with olive oil and flour) is a commonly eaten appetizer in
Sobrassada on ensaimada (a spiral shaped dry pastry) is a typical
dessert here on the island. The combination of sweet and sour
tastes is fantastic.
Why don´t you try this typical recipe!
OVEN COOKED APPLES WITH MALLORCAN SOBRASSADA
4 golden delicious apples
50 grams of Mallorcan sobrassada
4 tablespoons of sugar
Half a glass of white wine.
1. Remove the apples cores.
2. Put the apples in an oven proof dish.
3. Put in the hole in the middle of each apple a piece of sobrassada and a spoonful of sugar.
4. Pour the white wine over the apples.
5. Cook the apples in a preheated oven (180o C) for approximately 35 minutes.
6. Serve warm with cream.
7. Enjoy and shut your eyes and imagine you are seated on a terrace in Mallorca looking at our beautiful sea!!