What you need to know before you can prevent it!
- Chat rooms can often lack supervision.
- While some chat hosts regularly observe the dialog in chat rooms in an effort to monitor
conversations and remove aggressive individuals, many have no provisions made to regulate the conversations at all.
- Personal messages sent between users are seen by only the sender and the receiver,
and therefore outside the narrow reach of law enforcement officials.
- Teenagers often know more about computers and cell phones than their parents or
guardians and are therefore able to operate the technologies without worrying that a probing parent will discover their experience with bullying.
Necessssary prevention skills!
- Parents and other adults need to take time to become informed about bullying so it can easily be prevented.
- By finding out more about technology and checking your child or studentís email or text messages regularly you will be better able to monitor negative influences on your child including who they are talking to.
- Also developing a close relationship with your child can be helpful so that they are not afraid to tell you if they are being bullied.
How to prevent cyber bullying!
- Put these skills into action.
- Talk to your kids. Get close to them so they will open up to you.