Fulham FC Team Biography
Nickname: The Cottagers
Pitch: Craven Cottage
In 1879, worshipers of St. Andrew Church founded a football team called the Fulham St. Andrews Church Sunday School. To this day, a plaque commemorating the team founding is still inside the church. In 1888, the team's name was shortened to its current name, Fulham FC.
The team gained professional status on Dec. 12th, 1898 two years after they started playing at Craven Cottage, their current stadium. In 1994, the club was relegated to the third division and finished 17th out of 24 teams two years later. During the darkest of their days, Fulham had just 1,000 season ticket holders and only seven full-time staff members.
But when Micky Adams was appointed coach, the team was quickly promoted to the top division again. Fulham quickly returned to top status with players like Kevin Keegan.
An interesting fact about Fulham is that their training ground, is near Motspur Park, where the movie Chariots of FIre was filmed.
Fulham's First Team Squad