Hi I am Abdullah F. I study in class IX Genrations School, Karachi, Pakistan.
I like to play Table tennis and read horror stories.
I want to become a mechanical engineer when I grow up.
I usally don't waste much of my time on the computer, but prefer to indulge in physical activities like playing basketball, cricket etc.
I have worked on this project with my Indian friends.Thats all about me wish you all the best Bye!!
* My name is Nivedita. I am a student Kendriya Vidyalaya No. 1 (AFS) Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India.
* My hobbies are to play CRICKET & CHESS... actually I am a SPORTY GIRL.....
* Iam a very good player of chess......Twice I was selected for National level chess meet organized by the Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan. First time I secured 20th position and the second time I got 13th position out of 375 participants.I participated in KABADDI too for cluster level meets. Iam a state level swimmer....
* I want to become an engineer... & my biggest dream is to see the STATUE OF LIBERTY.....
* I LOVE MY SCHOOL... its really great fun for me to participate in such projects....
I WISH U ALL TO HAVE A GREAT TIME IN LIFE....
* Hi! I am Raviraj.
* I am a student of Kendriya Vidyalaya No.1(AFS), Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India.
My hobbies are playing cricket, listening to music, reading books, playing computer games and surfing on the net.
* I want to become an Airforce Pilot in my life, as I want to fly in the blue sky as a bird and want to serve my country.
* I have participated in the Thinkquest project as I think it is the best way to express ones thought and I am strictly against child labour. So, I have decided to work on this project. I really enjoyed all the experience I got from the project and I will behappy to participate in it in next session also.My coach Mrs.Ratna Pathak has given me a lot of knowledge and has cooperated a lot. I am really enjoying the work in Thinkquest.
* I participated in the Think.com School Leadership Contest and was lucky to be declared as the KVS Jaipur Regional winner.
* Think.com has become my passion and the best medium of reaching out to so many people across the globe.
* You are welcome to enjoy my site and give me your feedback for improvements.
* Thank you and wish you have a nice time!
I am Ratna Pathak.
*I am a teacher of English in Kendriya Vidyalaya,No.1 AFS, Jodhpur. I teach children of the age-group 11-16 years. I have a team of enthusiastic students who love to work on Think.com. We decided to participate in this contest because my students wanted to learn something new. This topic was chosen as Child Labor is a burning issue in the Indian sub-continent. To stop child labor in future, it is essential that today's generation becomes sensitive towards them.
About the Site
The name of the site was inspired by a Dorsey Dixon song- 'Babies in the Mill' written in 1960s. This song is on child labor in the mills of America. The lyrics of the song go like this:
I used to be a factory hand when things was moving slow,
When children worked in cotton mills, each morning had to go.
Every morning just at five the whistle blew on time
To call them babies out of bed at the age of eight and nine.
Come out of bed, little sleepy head,
To their jobs those little ones was strictly forced to go.
And get you a bite to eat.
The factory whistle's calling you,
There's no more time to sleep.
Those babies had to be on time through rain and sleet and snow.
Many times when things went wrong their bosses often frowned.
Many times those little ones was kicked and shoved around.
Those babies all grew up unlearned, they never went to school.
They never learned to read or. write. They learned to spin and spool.
Every time I close my eyes, I see that picture still
When textile work was carried on by babies in the mill.