Having health problems doesn't imply you have cancer, leukemia or other severe illnesses. It
may perhaps be that you have physical, psychiatric, cognitive, or health-related disabilities.
People with physical disabilities usually rely upon special devices such as cane and wheelchair.
Psychiatric disability includes emotional problems like depression and bipolar disorder.
Cognitive disability includes those with learning disability. They are people who have ďaverage
to above average intelligence but difficulty in learning, remembering and communicating information
Health related disabilities are the kind of illnesses mentioned earlier, cancer, diabetes and
How do these hinder their education?
1. Since they are aware of their condition, some shut themselves from other people.
2. They canít carry on with intense activities.
3. Some have difficulty in understanding lessons.
4. They have low self-confidence since they are often the subject of mockery which causes them
not to participate in school activities.
5. It is hard for them to go from one building to another.
6. People do not treat them as a normal person which makes it hard for them to converse without
restraint with other people.