KompoZer : Page 2 : Tutorials
Getting Started With KompoZer
Download KompoZer from its official website at www.kompozer.net. As of this writing, version 0.7.10 is the latest stable release. There is no install procedure as such because there is no installer. Just download the ZIP archive , extract it to a folder, and click on the kompozer.exe file to get started. That's it! Take care not to delete any of the files included in the extracted folder.
Installing Extensions In KompoZer
Unfortunately, there are no native extensions for KompoZer; but because KompoZer is based on an older WYSIWYG editor called Nvu, KompoZer is compatible with extensions for Nvu. These extensions are '.xpi' files, just like the extensions for Mozilla Firefox <link to our page on that>.
- To install an extension, download the '.xpi' file for the extension you want. You can get many of these from their own site, or the Mozilla Firefox add-ons page.
- If you are using Firefox, make sure you save the file onto your computer on download, using right click (on download link), then Save Link As; because if you just click on the download link, the extension would be installed onto Firefox, not KompoZer.
- After you download the file, go to Tools > Extensions on KompoZer. Click on Install, then locate the .xpi file you just downloaded. KompoZer would then require a restart to enable the extension (just like Firefox).
Installing Themes In KompoZer
You can customize the look and feel of KompoZer by installing themes. Like extensions, KompoZer is compatible with themes made for Nvu.
- To install a theme, download the '.jar' file onto your computer.
- Navigate to Tools > Themes in KompoZer, click on Install, and locate the file you have downloaded.
- To enable the theme, click Use Theme and restart KompoZer.