Pattern Image effect
1. Open a new document 5 pixels by 5 pixels.
2. Click the magnification tool and magnify to 1600%. Than open the layer window and create a new transparent layer. Drag the background to the trash.
3. Create the pattern using the pencil tool. For this tutorial create the pattern as shown in the example.
4. Go to edit>define brush after finishing your pattern. Name the Pattern and press ok.
5. Open a new document or a picture you’d like to use the effect on. Than click edit>fill. A window similar to the one on the example should show up. Find the pattern you’ve just created and click fill.
6. For the final effect go to the layer window and change normal default setting in the drop down menu to soft light.