- The volcano known as Krakatau big day of explosion was in August 26, 1883
the explosion would match up to 200 megatons of TNT.
- Karaktau was born less than the year 1583.
- one of the small islands that were born was Anak Krakatau, Krakatrau's
- Anak arose from the sea in 1927 growning under the shadow of Krakatau
- Krakatau has been calm for about 44 years and now has awoken
- Karakatau started on auguts 26, 12:53 pm. endening on the 27 of august
- In 1883 Kakatau exploded killing 34,000 people creating the world's second
largest deadliest explosion in history!
- In the explosion it made 18 cubic km of ash to a height
- The tsunami produced by Krakatau's explosion killed about
34,000, people in addition,pyroclastic flows of hot volcanic ash traveled
more than 40km
across the surface of the sea and killed at least 2,000 more people.
- krakatau was known to many people in 1883 by one of the
- Krakatau was first protected in 1921.
- Krakatau was founded as a national park in 1980.
- In the east indes, krakatau volcano is famous for its catastrophic
eruption in 1883.
- The parks area is 1,367sq km,(528 sq miles).
- Krakatau is located in indonesia.
- The eruption destroyd 3/4 of its land.
- Krakatau had a minimum diameter of about one mie and was
545 feet tall.
- After the tsunami it took many years till natines could
- Central america converged at the very opposite of the diameter
of our earth 8,000 miles from Krakatau.
- Much of Karaktau disapeared beaneth the sea after the eruption
leaving a smaller but active volcano island Anak Krakatau ( Krakatau's