yourself a positive reminder card
Write out a list of the five major problems caused
by your addiction to the internet.
2. On a separate list, write out the five major
benefits of reducing your internet use.
3. Then transfer the two lists onto a small card
and keep it in your pocket, wallet or directly in
front of the computer.
4. You would come to a point and make choices where
you would be tempted to use the Internet. Instead
of doing something more productive or healthy, take
out your card as a reminder and ask yourself what
you want to do for yourself and what you want to
avoid in order to enter the correct path.
example like the following sample.
My name is Henry, and here is the list of my problems
of having addicted to Internet:
• I can’t sleep during bedtime
• I have to lie to my family
• I can’t finish my homework on time
• I don’t have friends to play with
• Whenever I go out, I can’t enjoy myself
as I feel like rushing home.
I reduced my on-line time, these are my major benefits
I could get:
• I could have better rest
• Improve relationship with my friends
• Improve in my academic results so that I
could have a reward from my parents.
• Have a proper shopping which is normal for
teens like me.
• More time to spend with my family members.
simple reminder will help you subconsciously. Even
though you may struggle to actively pursue some
of the benefits on the list, you still could able
to cut down internet session as a result. Thus to
many Internet addicts, it is helpful in mapping
out a clear but practical steps to follow and deal
with the problems that make you rush towards the
Internet in the first place.