avoid lots of packaging
turn off electronics
- Drive Less- Driving less reduces gas consumption. You also save one pound of carbon dioxide for every mile you drive.
- Check your Tires- When you properly inflate your tires, you get good gas mileage. For each gallon of gas you save, you will prevent 20 pounds of CO2.
- Use florescent lights- Using florescent light saves 150 pounds of CO2.
- Use less hot water- It takes a lot of energy in order to heat water. Reducing the amount of money used to heat water not only saves money for your energy bills, but also in carbon dioxide emissions. Using cold water for your wash saves 500 pounds of carbon dioxide a year, and using a low flow shower head reduces 350 pounds of carbon dioxide.
- Avoid products with a lot of packaging- Preventing waste from being created means that there will be less energy used and fewer resources consumed. Reducing your garbage output by 10% reduces carbon dioxide emissions by 1,200 pounds.
- Turn off electronics when necessary- Simply turning of your TV, VCR, computer and many other electronic devices can save each household thousands of pounds of CO2 each year.
use florescent lights
use less hot water