.: How to stop addiction
Here we will try and explain how to stop gaming addiction if it has already begun.
Stopping gaming addiction is not an easy task. Every member of Boya has been a game addict at one point or another and that is why we know how hard it is to stop. Remember that these are not ways of stopping addiction as prescribed by a doctor but as provided by a group of teenagers who know what gaming addiction is and how it can affect the life of the addict. The list below should be done step by step until the addict either stops playing or is able to limit himself to an hour or less at a time and only when there is no other work to be done. All of these will be directed towards the addict trying to help himself but these can be applied to anyone trying to help an addict get control of his or her life back. If these steps don't work then it is advised to seek professional help in the form of an addiction clinic if the addiction is seriously affecting the life of the addict.
Steps to recovery
1. Set a timer alarm. A kitchen timer with a dial works perfectly for this step as its loud and easy to use. You just have to make sure to actually stop when it goes off and not continue playing. This helps remind you just how long you have been playing so that you can't use the excuse that the time just flew by.
2. Get someone to tell you when you have been playing too long such as a parent or a sibling. This can help you come back into the real world after an hour or two of gaming instead of you just playing all day without noticing. This can be more effective than the timer because it involves actual human interaction although this step is most likely useless if the addict is too into the game and will do anything to stay on it.
3. Put a blocking device on your computer and let someone else set the password for it. There are many programs that can be bought that will limit the amount of time that can be spent running certain programs. This can be extremely helpful but usually you, the addict will find another way to get their gaming done. This however will make sure that on your own computer you cannot play for an infinite amount of time. Just make sure that you let a true friend set your password or you may lose you computer if they stop being your friend.
4. This is similar to the above one except it is that the computer is locked in a cabinet of some sort by your friend or loved one. This can be more or less effective as number 3 but it is worth a try.
5. Go on vacation without the game. A nice stressfree vacation can take your mind off of gaming for enough time to make sure that when you return your gaming will be more relaxed. This of course can cost a lot of money but it is worth it for the sake of not being addicted anymore.