HOW YOU CAN HELP
There are many ways you can do to help stop global warming from growing and decrease greenhouse gases. Even if you just help out a little, all of the little things can add up to a big one. You can recycle all recyclable items, let your hair air dry instead of using a blow dryer, try using both sides of the paper, turn off your electrical things when you are not using them, and when you use a washing machine, turn it low so that it’ll save power. Also, one of the easy things you can do to help with air pollution is to ride a bicycle to places or carpool with someone else. It will benefit both you and the environment by saving you money and not burning any gasoline.
16 ways to prevent Global Warming
- Recycle all the recyclable items. Take them to your local recycling center.
- Reuse plastic shopping bags and envelopes, don’t get new ones.
- Tell your parents or who ever is doing the gardening to have a compost heap.
- Put a brick into your toilet cistern so you won’t be using a lot of water whenever you flush.
- Use both sides of your papers.
- Try to buy things that don’t use too much packing.
- Donate things that you don’t want to charity.
- Only fill your kettle up to the amount of water you need.
- Don’t leave your TV or video on while you are not there.
- If you get a ride to school take your friends with you.
- Tell who ever is doing the laundry to put the machine at 40 degrees, this will save power.
- Turn your lights off if you don’t need it or not going to be there.
- Get a clockwork mobile phone recharge.
- Takes quick showers instead of baths.
- Let your hair air dry than using a blow dryer.
- Ride a bicycle to places instead of car
Global Warming: Focus on the Future. 26 July 2006 <http://globalwarming.enviroweb.org/sitemap.html>.
National Climate Data Center. 3 Feb. 2006. 26 July 2006 <http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/about/ncdccontacts.html>.