Iraq: Fact Sheet
- Population: 24.5 million
- Government armed forces: 389,000
- Child soldiers: 800
- Insurgents repeatedly use child soldiers as combatants
- A large number of children went through military training under the reign of Saddam Hussein
- No DDR programs have been established for the child soldiers in Iraq
- "Facing Saddam's Child Soldiers." The Brookings Institution. 14 January 2003. 3 April 2007 <http://www.brookings.edu/views/op-ed/singer/20030114.htm>.
- "Iraq." Child Soldiers Global Report 2004. 2004. 4 March 2007 <http://www.child-soldiers.org/document_get.php?id=944>.