A couple of words
People going to Siberia from all over the world use to think wrong about the region. The reason for it is a number of stereotypes, existing all over the world. It is understandable, for one can't help thinking wrong about the vast, unknown territory, that is situated far away.
The aim of this site is to dispel some of the most usual stereotypes about Siberia by providing some real facts about it.
Our site provides possibility to find interesting information for different groups of people.
- For people interested in history and Russian culture
- For people interested in intercultural communication
- For those who are going to visit Siberia
- For people having firm negative attitute towards Siberia
- For those who want just to have fun
- For kids, students and adults
- Site validates W3C specifications, this means that it runs perfect on the most popular web-browsers. Read more on Requirements page or check copability to your OS.
- Hot tip are always shown on the right side in the green box. Don't forget to read it to discover all the site features.
- We've collected the most interresting facts about Siberia, wich you can allways find on the rigt side in the orange box.
- Our guide will take you hrough the site and show the most interresting and exciting points.
- There is lots of media placed all over the site. All this media can be found on the downloads page.
- Unique glossary was compiled to makeit easier to get acquainted with the Siberian reality. Watch glossary here.
- "The Information presented on this site is only for educational purposes!" - from the copyrights page.
Why do we think that our site represents global perspectives?
verybody knows that such problem as misunderstanding exists even in the XXI century, because unfortunately we meet it every day. Misbelieves and prejudices are one of its sources. We are sure that living in modern society means freedom from stereotypes. But even now it is sometimes hard to separate real facts from the myths, especially when we are talking about the remote areas like Siberia. What we tried to do is to dispel some of the widely-spread misbelieves about Siberia. We hope that destroying bad stereotypes helps to bridge distances between people. This will help us to build modern society without miscomprehension, prejudice and quarrel. Our site is an attempt to reach it in case of Siberia. If someone coming across our site will change his/her opinion about this region to the best, than our work was of value.