* serves six
1. Cut leeks into thin rounds.
2. Place butter in skillet over medium heat. As butter melt, add leeks and stir. Cook until butter sizzles.
3. Decrease heat to medium-low. Cover and cook until leeks are tender. To prevent the leek from sticking to the bottom, stir occasionally for about 20 mins.
4. Remove leeks from heat and bring to food processor. Add half cream. Puree leeks. Slowly add the cream that's left.
5. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add nutmeg. Transfer coulis to small saucepan. Keep over low heat.
6. Melt butter in another large skillet over medium heat. When butter is very hot (do not let it smoke), add steaks. Cook first side for 5 mins. Turn steak. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Cook regarding your preference.
7. Serve leek coulis over steak.