- A month ago, police in Connecticut arrested a 21 – year old man, accusing him of raping a 14 year old girl he found on Myspace. On Long Island, investigators say another man found the work address of a 16 year old girl on one of the web sites, lured her to a parking lot and sexually assaulted her. – Myspace, Facebook attract online predators by Pete Williams
- Purdue University freshman Wade S. Steffy disappeared and there is now a Facebook group called “Help Find Wade Steffey”. They keep listings and post new information on the investigation. – Facebook creates new bond by Sophia Voravong
- Last year, a 16 year old Michigan girl who had tricked her parents into getting her a passport was on her way to meet a 25 year old man she’d “met” on Myspace.com; U.S. officials found her in Jordan and sent her home. – Kids can help protect themselves from Internet dangers by Samantha Critchell
- The AMBER alerts, named after 9 year old Amber Hagerman, who was kidnapped and murdered in 1996 in Texas, will appear in small text box at the top of a profile, MySpace said. The alerts give MySpace users the option to get more information about the case, such as photos and information on suspects. – MySpace to send U.S. users missing children alerts by Reuters
- California middle school student faces expulsion over alleged threat on Web Site
- 16 year old held on 3 misdemeanors after photos on MySpace.com site. Inside Dateline: MySpace invader – Rob Stafford
- Two thirds of teens aged 12 -17 who have created social networking profiles limit site access to selected viewers, while 17 percent use their sites to flirt.