Clothing During Late 1700s
- In the late 1700s there were many different clothes. Women wore dresses and bonnets. Men wore wigs, wings, and coats. These were the fashions of the late 1700s
- In the late 1700s many different types of clothes were worn. As you might know many men wore wigs and some others wore things called wings which were like wigs. Men also wore hats. Women wore elaborate head dresses. Women wore Bonnets which could be made out of satin, taffeta, and linen.
- In 1780 the hoop of women’s dresses was practically gone. It was replaced by pads. The pads were more comfortable and there were few pads to wear.
- In the 1780 fancy detailing to men’s coats and waist coats was gone. Only little was detailed. For example socks, pockets and cuffs.
- There were many different types of clothes in the late 1700s.