Why Create a S.E.E.K.
What if all the kids who visited this website created a Squad for Environmental Education for Kids (S.E.E.K.)? There would be many teams of kids spreading the word about environmental education around the world. To spread the word at our school, our S.E.E.K. created the Save the Environment Slideshow to help kids understand why it's important to save the environment. We presented the slideshow to students aged 8-11. When we presented the slideshow, we didn't really have our scripts in front of our faces. We covered our faces in this picture for safety reasons. You should create a S.E.E.K. in order to:
- Help stop global warming
- Reduce the amount of garbage dumped in landfill sites
- Save whole species of animals from extinction
- Save water so there is fresh water available to everyone
- Stop deforestation
- Greatly reduce the burning of fossil fuels
- Share important information about renewable energy sources
How to Create a S.E.E.K.
- Grab a bunch of your friends who are interested in saving the environment and form a Squad for Environmental Education for Kids (S.E.E.K.).
- Have everyone in your squad read the What's Up pages of this website to learn about the problems facing the environment and some of the renewable energy solutions.
- Your S.E.E.K. should choose one or more problems to work on. For example, you might want to work on the problem that we need to save water.
- Brainstorm solutions to the problem with your team by visiting the At School, At Home, and In the Community pages. For example, there are many suggestions to help kids save water shown in the picture on the right.
- Pick one of your solutions, get up, and have your S.E.E.K. really do something to solve the problem!!!
- Once you have done something, you can print out and fill out the certificate your S.E.E.K. has earned.
- Congratulations on a job well done!
What Our S.E.E.K. Did
Our S.E.E.K. did many different things. Here are some of our projects.
- Here's the Save the Environment Slideshow we created to teach kids about environmental problems and solutions. We went into many classrooms at our school and made the presentation. We also had students use the S.E.E.K. calculator.
- Students from both the U.S.A. and Singapore used the
calculator. We put together their responses to show
others have done.
- We held a Waste-Free Lunch Day at our school.
- We created this website to help spread the word!
|Create a S.E.E.K. | |Sponsor a Waste-Free Lunch Day | |Earn a Certificate| |Celebrations At School| |3R's At School| |Saving Trees At School|
|Saving Electricity At School| | Saving Water At School|
All photographs on this page were taken by the creators of this website. February-March 2007.
Return to top of page