Type 2 Brittle Bone is the least common and most lethal of all types of brittle bone. Most sufferers of this type die at or shortly after birth due to respiratory complications. Although most times Type 2 is lethal, some affected with this disease have lived into young adulthood.
· Collagen improperly formed
· Undersized stature and immature lungs
· Severe bone deformity
· Numerous fractures at birth and throughout life span
Type one Brittle Bone is the most common and least severe of all types of Brittle Bone.
· Collagen structure normal but the collagen amount less than should be
· Hearing loss apt to happen in early twenties or thirties
· Teeth fragile
· Bone deformation minimal
· Spinal cord has a inclination to curve
· Loose joints and little muscle tone
· Sclera tinted either grey, purple, or blue
· Face shaped triangularly