The Criminal Mind
About Our Site:
Welcome to our site! By exploring this site you will be taken into the mind of murderers- you will learn about the types of murderers, how murderers become the way they are, and what sets off a murderer to kill. Also, there is a page of more famous, world-renowned murderers.
By taking others into the minds of psychopaths, criminals, serial and mass murderers, we will further understand criminology, and perhaps learn to identify a potential murderer and get them help before he or she starts to exterminate. Be wary, and have fun! Although we have tried our best to filter out all unnecessary violent or mature content, there may be places on the website which require this content. Younger viewers are recommended to stay away from the "Murderers-Their Stories" Page, as it may contain mature content. The majority of the site is okay, as we are focused on the killer's brain and types of murderers, not the methods of killing.
The point of this website is to educate the general public about murderers, in all their forms, as it is useful for everyone to know these types of things, and hey, who knows, maybe someone who reads this will become a Crime Scene Investigator, a police officer, a professor of criminology, a lawyer?
As well, the site helps to clear up misunderstandings and questions that people of all ages may have about murderers, such as "Do killers stand out from the crowd?" "Aren't all murderers male?" "Doesn't pure insanity make murderers kill?" "Does the brain of a killer look different from ours?" "Do all murderers kill the same types of people?" "Do murderers only kill at night?" "Are everybody who are slaughtered by killers abducted?" And other such questions. It is a fun way to learn about an interesting topic, and may create new passion for this field in someone who reads our website. And, as everyone will come to know, murderers are more than what meets the eye...
The site is separated into seven main parts, with sub-divisions of the main parts:
1) The Roots of Evil-What makes murderers that way? - A look into the makings of killers.
2) Anatomy of the Brain - Are there differences between the brain of a murderer and an average person's brain? Showing similarities and differences between the two.
3) Types of Murderers - Aren't all murderers the same? Explore and learn about the types of murderers and their characteristics.
4) Dangerous Triggers- What Sets Off Murderers To Kill? - Are there certain environmental circumstances, things or people which make murderers begin their slaughter?
5) Modern Killers - Who are today's famous murderers? Don't worry, they're all in jail. Well, most of them...
6) Murderers- Their Stories - Short, interesting biographies of some of the world's most notorious killers.
This site was created by:
Angela-researcher, coder, animator
Kamilla-researcher, writer, illustrator
All four members have equally shared and contributed ideas and work ethics, as well as hard work and dedication, into the creation of this Thinkquest website. We would like to thank three teachers who have helped us brainstorm and develop our web pages, as well as encourage and inspire us.
1) Mrs. Mazza-Webb, our teacher who helped to get us started and began to explain to us about Thinkquest, who uploaded our creation.
2) Miss Martin, one of our congregated gifted teachers who signed us up so we could participate after Mrs. Mazza-Webb's sudden departure.
3) Mrs. Piccinin, our substitute teacher who was there for us when Mrs. Mazza-Webb had to leave for family purposes.