Domed Triumphal Arch
named in Honor of Crown Prince Nicholas
The dome was built in 1891 for the arrival of Crown Prince Nicholas who was coming back from a world tour. It was made of red brick topped by a dome with the national emblem on the dome interior. Upon his arrival, Crown Prince Nicholas was solemnly met there by a large crowd. In the twentieth century the arch was demolished.