- Test them monthly
- You need one in every level of the home
- Outside of every sleeping area (bedroom)
- Install new batteries monthly or when it chirps
(saying that the batteries are low )
- Install away from cooking vapors to prevent nuisance alarms
- Clean them on a regular basis
- Every member of your home is to be aware of a plan in case of fire.
- Make sure escape door is clear- easy to exit.
- Make sure everyone knows the fire department # is 911.
- If there is an upper level escape, make sure there is a safe way to the ground.