samplers - you'll notice the rest
These are some Murphy's Law examples:
- A slice of buttered bread, when dropped from a height, will always land butter-side down.
- Gerrold's Laws of Infernal Dynamics #1: If an object is in motion, it will always be going in the wrong direction
- Gerrold's Laws of Infernal Dynamics #2: If an object is stationary, it will always be in the wrong place.
- Left to themselves, things tend to go from bad to worse.
- Everything takes longer than you think. Or, everything takes twice as long as it should; excepting that which appears easy, taking three times as long.
- Nothing is as easy as it looks.
- The first 90% of the job takes the first 90% of the time. The second 10% of the job takes the second 90% of the time.
- Just when you see the light at the end of the tunnel, the roof caves in.
For an explanation of some of these, click here.