Test your knowledge on bird flu! To answer these questions, it is essential that you have looked through every page of this site. To make it more competitive, time yourself and a friend to see who can complete the page the fastest! Good Luck!
1. From what bird was the H5N1 virus first isolated? What country was this in?
2. What method of prevention does the World Health Organization view as a first-line defense against avain viruses?
3. What is the mortality rate of H5N1 in birds?
4. What are two foods that you should do without when avoiding raw eggs and eggshells due to the threat of bird flu?
5. Who should Americans contact if they get sick while abroad?
6. What disease killed a quarter of Athenian troops in 430 B.C.?
7. What type of shopping centers are considered breeding grounds for disease due to their selling of live animals?
8. What flu was the worst of the three flu pandemics in the 20th century?
9. Poultry breeding employs about how many people in France?
10. What has to occur in the avian flu virus in order for it to be spread easily between people?
In 2003, Thailand's poultry exports made up what percentage of global poultry meat trade? Hint: The answer can be found in a slide show.
Back to Top