Japanese Kokeshi Dolls
2) Give the body (the small, plastic bottle) a coat of paint (you can pick a simple white or beige, or choose a less traditional bright color). Let the paint dry.
3) Using small brushes or markers, draw the doll's facial features and hair (on the ping-pong ball). Let the paint dry.
4) Then decorate the body to represent a beautiful kimono (a traditional Japanese gown). Let the paint dry.
You now have a beautiful Kokeshi doll!
2) To finish making the square, cut off the small rectangle, forming a square (which is already folded into a triangle).
3) Fold the triangle in half.
4) Open up the fold you just made. Put the triangle on the table with the central fold pointing up (like a tent). Fold one corner over.
5) Open it up again. Fold the other corner over.
6) Open it up. You now have a butterfly shape
7) Decorate the butterfly.
8) Attach two antennae made of pipe cleaners or curling ribbon (curled by pulling along a scissors).