Pre-Preliminary Moves in the Field Test (PPM)
The purpose of this test is to encourage beginning skaters to learn the fundamentals of ice skating. No great deal of technical ability, or flow is expected. The candidate must show knowledge of the steps, fairly good edges and some evidence of good form.
- Forward Perimeter Stroking
- Basic Consecutive Edges
- Forward Right and Left Foot Spirals
- Waltz Eight
Preliminary Moves in the Field Test (PM)
The purpose of this test is to continue the improvements of beginning skaters. The skater must show knowledge of the steps and a good sense of power (speed and flow). Attention should be given to depth of edges.
- Forward and Backward Crossovers
- Consecutive Outside and Inside Spirals
- Forward Power 3-Turns
- Alternating Forward 3-Turns
- Alternating Backward Crossovers to Backward Outside Edges
Pre-Juvenile Moves in the Field Test (PJM)
The basics of ice skating must be shown, although not necessarily mastered. Good edges, flow, power, extension and posture are required and must be strongly looked at.
- Forward Perimeter Power Crossover Stroking - Counterclockwise only
- Backward Perimeter Power Crossover Stroking - Counterclockwise only
- FO-BI 3-Turns in the Field
- FI-BO 3-Turns in the Field
- Forward and Backward Power Change of Edge Pulls
- Five Step Mohawk Sequence
Juvenile Moves in the Field Test (JM)
Skaters must skate the correct steps and turns on good edges, with good form, flow, power, and preciseness to their steps.
- Eight Step Mohawk Sequence
- Forward and Backward Free Skating Cross Strokes
- Backward Power 3-Turns
- Forward Double 3-Turns
Intermediate Moves in the Field Test (IM)
Strong, true edges, smooth turns, correct posture and effortless flow are expected of the skater.
- Stroking: Forward Power Circle
- Stroking: Backward Power Circle
- Backward Perimeter Power Crossover Stroking with Backward Power 3-Turns
- Backward Double 3-Turns
- Brackets in the Field Sequence
- Inside Slide Chassé Pattern
Novice Moves in the Field Test (NM)
The skater must give a performance that is generally good. The preciseness of the footwork should be nearly faultless, the body motion well timed and the flow and power very good. No major consistent errors should be in evidence.
- Backward Perimeter Power Stroking with Back Inside 3-Turns and Forward Inside 3-Turns
- Forward Perimeter Power Crossover Stroking to a Backward Quick Rocker-Turn Sequence
- Forward and Backward Outside Counters
- Forward and Backward Inside Counters
- Backward Rocker Choctaw Sequence
- Spiral Sequence
- Bracket Three Bracket Pattern
Junior Moves in the Field Test (JRM)
The skater must give a performance that is generally very good in all respects. Focus should be on power, flow, edge quality and line and footwork control.
- Forward Power Circles
- Backward Power Circles
- Forward and Backward Outside Rockers
- Forward and Backward Inside Rockers
- Power Pulls
- Choctaw Sequence
Senior Moves in the Field Test (SRM)
The skater must give an excellent performance, displaying power, strong edge control and depth, extension, and precise footwork control.
- Sustained Edge Step
- Extension Spiral Step
- Backward Outside Power Double 3-Turns to Power Double Inside Rockers
- Backward Inside Power Double 3-Turns to Power Double Outside Rockers
- Quick Edge Step