|Christianity- a. The Christian religion, founded on the life and teachings of Jesus.
b. Christians as a group; Christendom.
c. The state or fact of being a Christian.
Chivalry- 1. The medieval system, principles, and customs of knighthood.
2. a. The qualities idealized by knighthood, such as bravery, courtesy, honor, and gallantry toward women.
b. A manifestation of any of these qualities.
3. A group of knights or gallant gentlemen.
Civil Rights- The rights belonging to an individual by virtue of citizenship, especially the fundamental freedoms and privileges guaranteed by the 13th and 14th Amendments to the U.S. Constitution and by subsequent acts of Congress, including civil liberties, due process, equal protection of the laws, and freedom from discrimination.
Confederate- 1. A member of a confederacy; an ally.
2. One who assists in a plot; an accomplice..
3. Confederate A supporter of the Confederate States of America.
Confiscate- see confiscated
Confiscated- 1. To seize (private property) for the public treasury.
2. To seize by or as if by authority.
Copperhead- 1. A venomous snake (Agkistrodon contortrix) of the eastern and central United States, having a reddish-brown body marked with darker crossbands arranged in an hourglass pattern.
2. Copperhead A Northerner who sympathized with the South during the Civil War