1. Of, relating to, or dealing with supernatural influences, agencies, or phenomena.
2. Beyond the realm of human comprehension; inscrutable.
3. Available only to the initiate; secret: occult lore. See Synonyms at mysterious.
4. Hidden from view; concealed.
a. Medicine. Detectable only by microscopic examination or chemical analysis, as a minute blood sample.
b. Not accompanied by readily detectable signs or symptoms: occult carcinoma.
1. The study of the supernatural.
2. A belief in occult powers and the possibility of bringing them under human control.
1. A bitter, yellowish-brown, strongly addictive narcotic drug prepared from the dried juice of unripe pods of the opium poppy and containing alkaloids such as morphine, codeine, and papaverine.
2. Something that numbs or stupefies.
1. To be in contention or conflict with: oppose the enemy force.
2. To be resistant to: opposes new ideas.
3. To place opposite in contrast or counterbalance.
4. To place so as to be opposite something else.
1. To keep down by severe and unjust use of force or authority: a people who were oppressed by tyranny.
2. To weigh heavily on: Poverty oppresses the spirit.
3. Obsolete. To overwhelm or crush.
Oppressors- see oppressed